I have taught AQA A-level Psychology for 25 years.
I have a huge amount of experience as an examiner.
My career has centred on providing intensive tuition for students who had failed to do as well as they might in their A-level first time around in a previous school/college. I often took these students up 2, 3 or 4 grades in 9 months, 6 months, even 3 months.
The more I worked as an A-level Psychology tutor, the more it became apparent that even students who had worked hard still failed to achieve their potential due to reasons beyond their control:
- Poor quality notes from their teachers.
- Poor quality teaching – full-stop.
- Using text books which either didn’t include enough detail or overwhelmed them with too much detail, explained things badly and were poorly written.
- Lack of understanding of how to apply skills in the right place in the right way in the exam. As an examiner, I am always seeing what might appear to be excellent answers score low marks simply due to a lack of understanding of what the exam board actually require in an answer.
I don’t like waste and wasted effort, and it drives me crazy to see Psychology A-level students floundering with poor notes and poor teaching when they could be calm, organised and in control.
Over the years I developed a set of AQA A-level Psychology revision notes, model answers and strategy & skills guidelines for students. These notes:
- Are written simply and clearly and cut back to the bones of what’s needed to score 100%.
- Are concise – AQA A-level Psychology notes and model answers include just the right amount of information needed in the exam – not too little, not too much – and they include the right balance of skills to score maximum marks. They are easy to learn and easy to remember.
- Explain theories, studies, terminology and points of analysis, interpretation and evaluation clearly and simply.
- Include strategy & skills guidelines which explain exactly what AQA are looking for in terms of how your answer is structured.
- Include a week-by-week AQA A-level Psychology revision guide and programme of study for students to follow over 2 years, 9 months, 6 months or 3 months with week-by-week homework assignments, and a week-by-week revision schedule to get you organised and tell you exactly what you should be doing in the months leading up to the exams.
Together, these Psychology A-level resources represent the simplest, most straight-forward and effective method of understanding how to pass Psychology AQA A-level at A* standard.