AQA A-level Psychology Tutor
I now offer private one-to-one tuition for AQA A-level Psychology students.
- Already at school/college and want to benefit from intensive, exam-focused coverage of specific topics or revise the whole syllabus? The support I offer as an A-level Psychology tutor is a great complement to classroom teaching. You`ll get a huge amount of 1-to-1 support and focus on building up the precise skills and knowledge necessary to do your best in the final exams.
- Self-studying or re-sitting your A-level and want a 3, 6 or 9 month program of study? I can take you through the syllabus in a highly structured, concise, exam-focused way. Apart from learning syllabus material and practicing all kinds of possible exam questions, I’ll focus on addressing your individual strengths and weaknesses, teach you how to revise for A-level Psychology and consolidate your learning as we go, create a personalised revision program, and take you through a series of timed tests and mock exams.
Click here to read about my background as an examiner and AQA A-level Psychology tutor specialising in achieving A and A* grades for my students.
See below for references from some of my past tutees.
Private tuition usually involves face-to-face contact – either in the tutee’s house or via video-link. I have used both these methods in the past but found that they weren’t as productive as I would have liked. Face-to-face tuition is really just more teaching and the pace of work is quite slow. The method that I’ve developed allows us to move swiftly through the syllabus and focus on what really matters – being prepared with the knowledge and skills needed to do your absolute best in the final exams.
Psychology AQA A-level is very straight-forward. The material studied is not that complex and the exam board ask very standard questions. The main challenge in Psychology A-level is committing a large amount of material to memory and understanding how questions should be answered. This is the focus of the method that I use to tutor my students.
- Each week I’ll send through my own exam-focused, concise AQA A-level Psychology revision notes covering everything you need to know for the exam.
- I will also send past paper exam questions on each topic we’re studying as homework for each week. These questions will be accompanied by in depth guidance on how the questions should be answered to score maximum marks.
- Once you’ve completed these questions you’ll email them back to me. I will then mark, feedback and provide commentary and, if necessary, model answers.
- As we go along and I can assess exactly where and with what you need help, I’ll provide this help as necessary.
- I will also
- teach you how to consolidate and how to revise for A-level Psychology as we go
- teach you good exam technique
- construct and take you through a week-by-week Psychology A-level revision schedule
- take you through a series of timed tests and mock exams
This method of A-level Psychology tuition is very successful as it’ll teach you the precise knowledge and skills that you’ll be assessed on in your final exams. You’ll have had the opportunity to practice all the possible kinds of questions you might be asked in the exams and been instructed in exactly how these should be answered well before you actually sit any of the papers.
As I’ve examined and worked as an A-level Psychology tutor for more than 20 years I know exactly what you need to know and what you need to do in the exam to achieve as high marks as possible. The way that I teach makes the whole process as clear, straightforward and easy as it can be.
As you can see, there is no need to set specific days/times for your study as you can do this work when you have time and when it suits you. You’ll be able to contact me at any time with questions and I’ll always get back to you quickly.
Fees - AQA A-level Psychology tutor
Tuition is charged at £40/hour.
Payment is made per week as we go. There are no advance or additional fees.
This fee covers my time assembling materials, providing instructions and guidance, and marking and feeding back on your work.
1 hour of my time will require you to work for about 2 ½ - 3 hours completing homework I set.
For students already studying at school/college 1 hour a week is usually fine. The school year runs from 35-40 weeks, therefore, the annual fee would be approx. £1400 - £1600.
For students independently resitting their A-level or self-studying, I’d suggest 2-3 hours per week. This would be a 35 week program of study – therefore between £2,800 – £4,200.
By comparison, an A-level program of study in an independent sixth from college will start at around £10,000 per year – usually in a class of 15-20 other students.
For formal, verified references please email firstname.lastname@example.org
"Jeremy helped bring my Psychology grade from a C to an A* at A level in the space of one year. His resources, support and incredibly time efficient mode of Psychology A-level revision gave me the confidence to achieve my goal, enabling me to study at Durham University. Thank you Jeremy !"
"Jeremy has been a godsend! We booked him as an AQA A-level Psychology tutor and he has helped my daughter through her Psychology A-level which is a difficult subject. He is kind, thoughtful, hardworking, straight talking, reliable, understands the remit and supports through difficult times. She was awarded an A*. Thank you Jeremy"
"If you are looking for a Psychology tutor, the good news is that you can stop searching and book Jeremy. My daughter was tutored by Jeremy for A Level Psychology AQA 2020. I was impressed by his motivating influence, he provided questions and A-level Psychology notes, and always gave a speedy response. We booked 2 hours per week. This is what my daughter said, "I was initially apprehensive about engaging in online tuition as I felt more comfortable learning face to face however I gave it a try and realized that Psychology largely being an essay based subject meant that it was more helpful being online as I got more work done. Thank you Jeremy so very much for being incredibly helpful over the past few months; I feel that you improved my work ethic and I have learned to enjoy Psychology much more." We both highly recommend Jeremy as an AQA A-level Psychology tutor."
"Jeremy was an absolute blessing. I had missed practically a whole year of school due to illness and my school had predicted me a C for A Level Psychology. With Jeremy`s help and thorough feedback I was able to get a high A grade! Thank you so much!"
"We are so lucky to have found Jeremy! His help is focused, consistent and empowering. Archie has found it so valuable and it has effected a sea-change in his approach to his work. Jeremy immediately identified his weaker areas and provided solid, detailed advice. They then worked on questions and practice papers and there was an immediate improvement in the quality and style of his answers. He is sitting his re-takes with renewed confidence. I couldn`t recommend Jeremy highly enough as an A-level Psychology tutor, and we are grateful for all his help."
"Jeremy has made work that I initially found rather complex very easy to understand. He structures what is needed to do so well that I started to wonder why I was even worried in the first place. He has been unbelievably helpful with Psychology."